What A Day I Had!!!!

Hi All,

Well the meeting went great after work and it was such a breath of fresh air to see someone pleasant and smiling. I much needed that today after a day like I had.

To date, and only after 2 weeks, was the most uncomfortable day at my new job. I have never been so upset and uneasy at any place I've ever worked. It started out great! My boss complimented me on my work. She said that I was improving and getting a lot of work done. I was very pleased to hear this cause I have been trying really hard. Unfortunately, my boss left work early and I believe that her leaving was the reason why this happened to me.

I was sitting behind my coworker for the most part of the day and I took a quick bathroom break. When I came back I sat down and processed to continue my task. She turned around to me and asked "Are you still scanning?" I said "yes". Then THIS WAS SAID:

her: "but your screensaver is on"
me: "oh i went to the bathroom"
her: "well how much longer is this going to take"
me: "I scanned hundreds of papers today so now I have to save them. Why what's wrong?"
her: "I don't like you sitting behind me"
me: "well that's unfortunate, but I have to finish my work."

She then proceeds to make comments about how I took forever in the bathroom, huff, puff and suck her teeth. I'm sure she rolled her eyes too, but I didn't see cause I turned back around to finish my work. But before I did, I stopped to pray.

I've never had to pray at work before. I've never been at a job where the people around me talk RECKLESS about just about ANYTHING. I've never been at a job where my coworkers make rude religious comments! Two coworkers of mine sat facing eachother talking about how some guy didn't like taking orders "cause you know he's Muslim"! I'm thinking to myself, "what the fuck!?" You're not even supposed to talk about religion at work! Am I right or did the law change!?

Guys I was just soooo upset today! Those that know me know that I have been out of work for almost a year! Being laid off just ain't cool! I finally obtain a position, in the FASHION INDUSTRY, and THIS is the crap I have to deal with!? WTF!?

I texted my boss after ol'girl told me that I wasn't welcome sitting behind her and said the following "is it possible to move the scanner because ___ does not want me sitting behind her?" My boss texted back, "we'll talk tomorrow". I told her "thank you", put my cell down and continues working. So now tomorrow I have to go to work dumb early to meet with her. I can't believe I have to go through this but I don't have a choice at all!

Guys please wish me luck! God knows I need it. I can't afford to be out of work! I have too much to do. Too much fabric to buy. Too many places that I need to go! Just tooooo much!

Thanks,

Miriam

oh and p.s. I'm sorry for rambling, but I just had to get this out!!! First it was "that site" and now this! God Help Me!

Comments

Popular Posts