just thinkin bout it make me sad.........

so i was tellin my bff Corey the story about how the other day i had to totally ignore my ex when i saw his car coming down the street. AT FIRST i laughed, but the more i thought about it, i got sad. Here's why:

i meet a guy and he asks me "why are you single?" My reply is always, "i guess i haven't met the right one." i've said that so many times, i'm really starting to believe at there is no RIGHT ONE.

time and time again it's a different story, with the same result. at the end, there's a breakup. i'm left hurt. lookin at myself like "why does this always happen to me?" and wishing that i never let the person into my life/heart at all.

i'm starting to really believe that this is all my fault. i give people, in general, too much of myself. i love hard. i try to think the best of people instead of seeing them for what they really are. i believe in fairytales when the fact is, there is no prince charming. i believe in commitment, loyalty, compromise............................basically i set myself up for a let down.

time and time again i hear "men lie" and "men cheat", "that's what men do", "that's a man for ya" etc, etc. i mean..........is this what i have to look forward to? are you telling me that i, MiMi, the loyal woman will have to just DEAL with a lyin, cheatin man just for the sake of having one?

the more i think about "settling" i get sick to my stomach. i don't generalize. i hate that. so to think that ALL MEN cheat/lie, i think is absurd. however, the more i think about the word "settle" i start to think that if it's me who needs to maybe lower the bar a bit. i mean, i honestly don't think i'm putting pressure on anyone. ALL i really do ask is, treat me the way you would want to be treated. if you don't want me to lie to you, then don't lie to me. if you don't want me to yell at you, then don't yell at me. so on and so forth. but is THIS, this common couresty too much to expect from someone? am i asking too much? or is it that i'm asking for someone to do the right thing and THAT in itself scares him because then knows that he's got to step up his game and be a better person? maybe he's just not ready for manhood yet...

so i ask........what do you think i should do? am i asking too much? how should i go into a relationship (my next one)?

Comments

Popular Posts